Pages

Friday 7 January 2011

Where Might we get to Ecumenically?

Hald Church, Denmark:Fresco, Saint John the Ev...Image via Wikipedia
Ken Howcroft, the Connexional Ecumenical Officer, made a presentation at a meeting of the Connexional Team's Strategic Leaders and Cluster Heads on 16 December 2010.  An outline follows.  It is a useful summary of Connexional ecumenical activity.

The (other) Lord’s Prayer
“May they all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me… I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me… May they be with me where I am to see my glory” John 17:21-4

Priorities for the Methodist Church
In partnership with others wherever possible, the Methodist Church will concentrate its prayers, resources, imagination and commitments on this priority:
  • to proclaim and affirm its conviction of God’s love in Christ, for us and for all the world; and
  • to renew confidence in God’s presence and action in the world and in the Church
Lund Principle 1952
Churches should act together in all matters except those in which deep differences of conviction compel them to act separately.


Ecumenical Vision 
  • All together in each place
  • Worship and Mission
  • Holy Church, wholly Church, not the whole of the Church
  • Conference 2009
Ecumenical Identity: Church Identity

See Ken's post on 29 October 2010 

Current Situation and Future Scenarios
Questions
 
What does ecumenical working mean in:
  • inter-religious contexts?
  • inter-confessional contexts?
  • within our confessional context?
If you have answers to these questions or other questions or views, please comment below.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment