In his address atThe Pope Benedict XVI in the United Kingdom website has prepared a wealth of material for churches to follow up on the Pope's visit. They write:
on 19th September 2010 Pope Benedict XVI said, ‘In the course of my visit it has become clear to me how deep a thirst there is among the British people for the Good News of Jesus Christ. You have been chosen by God to offer them the living water of the Gospel.’ (From CTE News, November 2010) Oscott College
Blessed John Henry Newman wrote and meditated the following words: ‘God has created me to do Him some definite service, He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another, I have my mission… I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons, He has not created me for naught, I shall do good.’
In visiting the UK, His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, presented afresh these words to every person and outlined how and what our shared purpose is in the months and years ahead as a community that exists for mission. His words were addressed not only to members of the Catholic Community but to every member of British society.
The headings are as follows, go to the site to see the details:
- Prayer images and candles for every parish in England and Wales to continue the journey of heart speaks to heart
- Heart Speaks unto Heart: Short films for reflection and inspiration
- Accompanying DVD Materials
- Six Sheets For Reading And Reflection
- Study the Holy Father’s Speeches In Small Groups - this is particularly useful, go to this page and hunt around for the speech you are seeking.
- Legacy Newsletter - go to http://firstname.lastname@example.org in order to register for their newsletter.